In compliance with Ottawa Public Health’s recommendations on limiting the spread of COVID-19, CHMIEL ARCHITECTS has established the following general office protocols effectively immediately:
- All staff business travel has been restricted.
- We ask that employees limit unnecessary travel until further notice as recommended by the Canadian Health Agency.
- All in-person meetings shall be replaced, unless absolutely necessary, with a conference call or electronic collaborative session.
- Our office will be closed to non-essential access.
- Site inspections shall be limited, low-interaction meetings and only to satisfy life safety approvals or code related matters.
- General site inspections shall be curtailed for the immediate future.
- Persons who have recently travelled have been asked to self-isolate for a period of 14 days prior to returning to work. And those returning shall be asked to do the same.
If someone does identify as having direct contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, he/she will be asked to self-isolate for the minimum 14-day period. Employees will be asked to provide details to establish the start date.
To ensure continuity of business and maintain our services to you, where necessary, employees who fall into the above-noted categories (or any person close to the employee) will be provided with the means to work from home via email and self isolate until the situation stabilizes.
We have also allowed employees who feel it necessary, to work from home where possible.
CHMIEL ARCHITECTS will continue to monitor this situation closely.
We thank you for your understanding during this time.